Karrieredagen is a day where students have the possibility to meet a possible future employer. Different companies within petroleum-, electro-, computer- and construction-technology, consulting and finance, are coming to Tjodhallen at the University of Stavanger. This is a great opportunity for you to explore different possibilities for your future career.
How to prepare
Karrieredagen is a golden opportunity to make new connections! We want all students to get the most out of this day and to be as prepared as possible. Here are some valuable pointers you should keep in mind at Karrieredagen:
- Check out the companies beforehand. Read about them on the company webpages; showing that you have some insight might just give you the edge you need to make a better impression than the others.
- Try to visit all companies at Karrieredagen and spend time with the ones you don’t know so much about. Less known companies might need someone just like you!
- Ask questions! But ask the smart questions; work related tasks instead of salary, the process around the interview instead of criteria for qualification.
- Use Karrieredagen to your advantage. When asking questions, try to identify the type of candidate the company are looking for. What qualifications are important for them? What skills are highly valued for them to hire graduates?
- Print out and bring your CV with you, it might come in handy. The CV should contain all your previous work experience.
- What makes you stand out from the rest? Have you been doing voluntary work or been engaged in the student community? If you have, put it on you CV as well.
- Take your time at Karrieredagen. Some companies like to do speed interviews right away, so make sure you are prepared and have the time!
If you are encouraged to send in an application, there are some things you should keep in mind as well:
- Ask for the name of the person you talk with at Karrieredagen and refer to Karrieredagen and them when applying.
- Usually, a position has some qualification requirements. Use these to your advantage when applying! Explain how you fulfil the requirements and use examples.
- Point out skills or experience that shows that you are suitable for the position.